The past mixes with the present to create something magnificent.
It is said that a photograph is worth one thousand words. They capture a moment and it exists without an expiration date. Regardless of what changes in the present those special photos can take you back to a familiar place. Below are 16 photos that place the past into the present, the results are magnificent. Thank you to Jason E. Powell and Bob Egan for their contributions.
1. Westside Story soundtrack cover shot at 418 West 56th Street in New York City. (via Bob Egan)
2. Statue of Liberty under construction in Paris. (via Jason E. Powell)
3. March on Washington, August 28, 1963. (via Jason E. Powell)
4. Bruce Springsteen album cover shot on the corner of 10th avenue and 53rd street in New York City. (via Bob Egan)
5. Old Stone Bridge. Manassas, VA. (via Jason E. Powell)
6. Women lobbying for their right to vote outside of the White House. (via Jason E. Powell)
7. Billy Joel album cover shot at the corner of 52nd street and 7th avenue in New York City. (via Bob Egan)
8. Boy Scouts outside of the US Capitol building in Washington, DC. (via Jason E. Powell)
9. Harper’s Ferry National Historic park in West Virginia. (via Jason E. Powell)
10. Crosby, Stills & Nash album cover shot at 815 Palm Avenue, West Hollywood, California. (via Bob Egan)
11. Beneath the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (via Jason E. Powell)
12. 16th street in Washington DC. (via Jason E. Powell)
13. Beach Boys album cover shot at Paradise Cove in Malibu. (via Bob Egan)
14. Dedication of the Lincoln Memorial. (via Jason E. Powell)
15. Newsies outside of the US Capitol. (via Jason E. Powell)
16. Oasis album cover shot on Berwick Street in London. (via Bob Egan)
You can find more of Jason and Bob’s work on their websites.
Jason E. Powell: http://www.jasonepowell.com/
Bob Egan: http://www.popspotsnyc.com/